Dec 11 2018
Tis’ the season of giving and we want to help you find the perfect presents for your loved ones. In this gift guide, we will help you find gift options for ‘her’ (grandma, wife, mother, daughter, aunt, etc.). Some people can be difficult to shop for and we want to help you break that barrier with a gift that she will love!
First off, where is she located? If she’s in the PNW or somewhere chilly, scarves, fingerless gloves, hats, slippers and throws may be the quickest way to her heart. CAPERS has all of the above, in many different styles.
If she’s in a warmer climate like Arizona or Florida, maybe consider something that can be used no matter the temperature. For example, jewelry, large overnight bags, design or cook books or soothing neck pillows might be a good way to go.
If you’re looking to get something small or less personal, you might consider something like bath bombs/ sachets, candles, soaps, incense or ornaments. These items can be given to women of all ages and will be sure to please. Ladies love happy scents and we have many to choose from.
Maybe you’d like to get the lady in your life something stylish or sophisticated? If so, we have beautiful alpaca ruanas in stock and they are so soft and stylin’! We also have french linens, french silverware and — cutting boards.
Tags: Christmas gifts, Gifts, gifts for her, gifts for him, holidays, seattle, seattle shopping, shop seattle, shopping
Nov 16 2018
Thanksgiving is next week! Time has flown this holiday season and there are a few things to keep in mind when you’re preparing for company.
1. Make a list. Plan out everything that you need to buy, everything that you need to set up and everything that you need to cook. For example, you will want to first write out your shopping list and plan your menu. If you are ordering a turkey or entree, put the order in now! Make a list of bed and bath linens that you need to have washed and out for guests and include candles, bathroom spray, soaps, sheets, towels, etc. Lastly, make a list of the things that you have to set up. This would include the linens for the main table, silverware, bowls and plates, pitchers, cups, candles, decorations, etc. We’ve got everything you need at CAPERS!
2. Create a signature cocktail that you can serve everyone! Make sure it has alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions and is refreshing but wintery. If you are looking for inspiration, check out ‘The Essential Cocktail Book’. This book has a drink for every occasion and many options with wintery notes. You can make a pitcher of spiked apple cider or do classy, individual martinis.
3. Two days before, make the sides dishes and put them in the fridge. The day of, all you will have to do is heat them up or just set them out. If you’re looking to get creative with your menu, check out ‘Simple’ by Yotam Ottolenghi for some easy recipes that are five ingredients or less. Additionally, you can make your desserts the day before too! For dessert ideas that are quick and easy, come take a look at ‘Ready to Eat 10 minute Dessert.’ By getting your side dishes out of the way early, you will only have to focus on the Entree, dressing and potatoes on the day of! This also gives you an opportunity to organize your fridge to make room for the prepared food.
4. The night before Thanksgiving, set your table with your linens, silverware and tableware. If you have that part done, it will make Thanksgiving that much easier! We all know that it wouldn’t be the same if you weren’t running around tweeking last minute details, but one thing you can surely get out of the way is your table. If you are still looking for the perfect table cloth, runner, napkins or placemats, look no further! The Le’ Jacquard Francais table linens are absolutely beautiful and add the pop of color your room needs. Alternatively, you can go for the elegant and simple looks from Bodrum. Head to CAPERS with your table measurements and we will help you find the perfect table cloth or runner to make sure your table is gorgeous on the special day.
5. The night before, make your hours devours. A grazing board is the perfect thing for a large group of people and alleviates the stress of tending to the guests by passing around appetizers. The grazing board lets everyone choose what they want and looks lovely as well. For how-to on grazing board set up, check out the book “Platters and Boards” for inspiration, formatting and ways to impress!
Jun 16 2018
Every June, we look forward to helping all those trying to find that perfect something for those graduating, getting married or simply honoring Dad. One of the most memorable moments was when a mom bought a sleeper sofa for her daughter and soon to be son-in-law, so she could stay with them for the wedding. Here are a few other suggestions we’d recommend as well.
Instill inspiration with a great read such as:
• If I Could Tell You Just One Thing: Encounters with Remarkable People and their Most Valuable Advice by Richard Reed.
• Designing Your Life How to Build Aa Well-Lived Joyful Life by Bill Burnett & Dave Evans.
• I Just Graduated Now What? by Katherine Schwarzenegger.
Mark the occasion with a monogram necklace and charms.
And for those just starting out, help stock their first apartment with linens, flatware, glassware and dishes. For something unique we offer word trays—“be the best you”—motivational objet.
Give them the gift of thanks—literally—with stationery for that little note to say the two words that might get you farther in life than any others, “Thank you.”
Or perhaps your grad is taking a gap year to globe-trot the world or just landed the perfect job which has them traveling for work. Try our passport covers and business card holders in all natural leather with a variety of colors such as beige, tan, red, black and more.
This is the time of year where you see Dads everywhere getting their inner Bobby Flay on, manning the grill. And we have barbecue tools, aprons, and more sure to round out their collection and keep them grilling.
We also carry select barware including mahogany corkscrews, wooden muddlers, classic brass and nickel flasks with moon phases etchings, and Ancient Olive Dirty Martini Juice. Or give him a better ice cube—Whiskey Stones. They chill beverages without diluting them as ice cubes do. For beer lovers, we also stock glassware, hand towels and Graf Lantz Bierfilzl felt coasters.
And for those who prefer brainteasers, consider Haikubes which let you create fascinating Haikus with the roll of the dice.
We’ve long been known as THE place to shop if you want one-of-a- kind pieces, if you’re finishing off your home, you want something classic, or need whole home outfitting. CAPERS has all the necessities such as bar tools, kitchenware, everyday linens, art, jewelry for bridal party, decorative accessories, great shower gifts, stationery, locally made ceramics for cooking and serving, mixing bowls, glassware, basic dishes, French Sabre flatware and serving pieces with pearlized onyx hued handles, cheese accessories and place settings and flatware (classic serve ware in contemporary colors from classic ivory to brights), marble cutting boards and teak platters from Indonesia, wooden salad bowls that are fair trade from Africa, and olive wood handled spreaders.
For showers check out our cook book and bar collections…set up a bar…or serving trays hand crafted by local ceramicists and well-known artists from Terrafirma in New York. From appetizer plates to large serving platters. We recommend anything from Revol French porcelain service pieces, Le Jacquard Français linens, or our fair trade 100% hypo-allergenic throws.
Or we can always help you put together a gift basket combining a number of items. Plus, we wrap and have accompanying gift cards as well.
Whether you’re looking for something for someone just starting out in life, a shower gift, or yes even a sofa so mom has a place to stay for the impending nuptials, CAPERS will brighten your June celebration with a unique present that will stand the test of time.
Dec 18 2017
As you prep for all those special gatherings this holiday season, CAPERS can help stock the bar with unique items including mahogany corkscrews, wooden muddlers accompanied by a tasty Mojito recipe, classic brass and nickel flasks with moon phases etchings, or hand pounded nickel, brass or bronze trays, and Ancient Olive Dirty Martini Juice.
Or check out our Whiskey Stones, which chill beverages without diluting them – a great alternative to ice cubes. For beer lovers, we also stock tall pilsner glasses, hand towels, and Graf Lantz – Bierfilzl felt coasters. Impress guests with stunning hand-blown water glasses from Italy or beautiful brandy snifters.
From local West Seattle artist Nicole Pepper, we also carry one-of-a-kind, beautiful French blue and cream ceramic wine flasks.
Need a “how to?” Look no further than our sage list of authors espousing guidance on making Zen gin and tonics, arranging your bar cart, setting a table, imbibing like the French, and crafting cocktails like 007.
Perfect for cheese and crackers or other hors d’oeuvres, our marble, brass and teak wood platters are beautiful and practical. Pair them with alabaster or olive wood spreaders under $15 each – great for pâtés, dips or soft cheeses.
And we offer linen cocktail napkins – fantastic for the environment – or single use Cheers and New Year’s imprinted napkins.
Whether planning a birthday, holiday or New Year’s get-togethers, stop by and let CAPERS help you find just what you’re looking for.