Winter is in full swing and many home good stores are offering sales, so it’s a great time to find that perfect piece to dress or refresh any room in the house. But before venturing out, we recommend considering a few key choices that often perplex patrons: size, colors, textures, how a piece is made, payment options and delivery. All great factors to think about before investing in a large purchase—and one you want to last a long time. Here are a few tips to help us help you in your quest:
- Snap a photo of the room you want to furnish with your mobile phone—this will give us an idea of the style, colors and textures you’d like to complement.
- Bring an inspiration item with you such as a pillow, fabric or paint swatch, Pinterest photos or magazine clippings to build from.
- Know your dimensions—measure the height, depth and length of the furniture piece you want to replace or the space where you want the piece to sit.
- Check for kiln-dried frames which tend to be stronger and stand the test of time.
- Be prepared to pay in full at the time of the order or in some cases a percentage down at select stores.
- Lastly, understand your delivery options: do you want to pick up in-store, receive local home delivery, or have the item(s) drop shipped direct to your home? Note: these latter two options are typically at an additional cost.
For more, be sure to stop by our store and ask one of our experts and don’t forget now through January 30 you can save up to 40 percent off select inventory.